Quality content will make you vibrate. You define yourself as someone who is curious and likes teamwork. You show rigor and creativity and know how to juggle budgets and deadlines, as well as words and ideas. In addition, if you manage to do great things with limited resources and would love to contribute to the evolution of a media that is more relevant than ever, then here is an ideal offer for you.
PRODUCER OR OFFICE PRODUCER
Commissioned by the general management and in collaboration with Savoir media’s professionals and partners, the executive producer develops and produces original series, mainly documentaries, magazines and interviews, which are part of Knowledge Media’s mission of transferring knowledge. He or she also acts as a production manager with independent producers for certain series.
- Designs, develops and produces various original series in-house, in the form of programs, capsules and podcasts;
- Identifies talented employees to participate in its productions and participate in the renewal of the offer;
- Negotiates the circumstances of people in key positions;
- Actively contributes to the development of the channel’s content strategy as a member of the program committee;
- Develops trusting relationships with partners in the knowledge community to improve the content of its productions;
- Guarantees the quality of the content of certain series entrusted to independent producers and the accuracy of the information;
- Work closely with the internal production team and contribute to process improvements;
- Regularly works with the promotion and distribution team to properly respond to the deployment strategy.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in media production, film or other related discipline;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in production, of which a minimum of 2 as an executive producer;
- Knowledge of all facets of production, including budgeting and planning, managing rights and archives, supervising film crews and post-production;
- Creative mind and strong interest in content researched and validated by experts;
- Excellently written French;
- Attention to detail and analytical mind;
- Communication skills and the ability to work in a team;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and the ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent general and scientific culture;
- Creativity in finding solutions;
- Good knowledge of the television and digital industry in Quebec.
- Permanent position with attractive benefits (personal leave bank, health and wellness program and employer participation in RRSPs) after a six-month probationary period;
- Flexible schedule of 35 to 40 hours per week in hybrid mode;
- Three weeks of vacation from the first year and closure of the offices for two weeks during the holiday period;
- Salary according to experience;
- Start of employment at the end of June.
Tell us what motivates you to work with us and send us your CV via the form at the latest May 27, 2022†
ABOUT KNOW MEDIA
Completely free and ad-free, Savoir media is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote knowledge and nurture citizens’ reflections on social issues. Producer, broadcaster and content aggregator, its web platform and TV channel provide unique access to original productions that give a voice to recognized Quebec experts, in addition to offering major foreign series. The web platform also features articles and various podcast series that complement the video offerings.