3rd dose: still contradicted by its experts, Public Health stands by its position

Again contradicted by his committee of immunization experts on the usefulness of rapidly injecting a 3and dose of vaccine to people who have recently had COVID-19, Public Health says it has no plans to change its recommendation.

In a statement published Friday, the Quebec Immunization Committee (CIQ) now states that it is “of little use” to vaccinate from a 3and doses of people whose disease has been confirmed by a laboratory test (NAAT or PCR).

“Waiting for the arrival of new vaccines that offer more comprehensive protection would be the best option in this case,” said the Committee, which brings together more than a dozen independent scientists, including many published figures such as D.r Alex Carignan of the University of Sherbrooke or the Dd Caroline Quach-Thanh of Sainte-Justine Hospital.

At a press conference the day before, the national health director, Dr.r However, Luc Boileau had insisted on the importance for infected people to get theseand dose, even if he judges that there is “no need to run if we had a PCR test that showed that”[on] was positive.

Wasted vaccines?

Despite the publication of this new message by the CIQ, the Dr Boileau indicated late on Friday afternoon that he had no intention of changing the advice of Public Health.

“Public Health’s decisions are based on a range of factors, most notably expert opinion, the epidemiological situation and the hospital capacity of Quebec. I also reiterate the importance of getting your booster dose,” he explains in a press release.

If she admits there may be “administrative” reasons to justify giving a booster dose to infected people, “there is no snow emergency,” says the University of Sherbrooke’s department of community health science professor and a member of the CIQ. Maryse Guay.

“We give [des vaccins] for nothing, because the immune system [des doubles vaccinés ayant eu la maladie] is already at the max”, she summarizes.

Public health had already gone against the view of the CIQ with the administration of a 3 . recommendedand dose to infected people as soon as their symptoms disappear. The Department of Health then justified this decision by saying it did it “from an efficiency point of view.”

  • Listen to Mario Dumont and Vincent Dessureault’s news tour on QUB Radio:

Longer interval recommended

Attention, the Dr Boileau appeared to return to the matter on Thursday, letting people who suspect they are infected with COVID-19 but have not been able to confirm this due to a lack of available tests, know that they can wait “up to three months” and “ideally.” one eight weeks’ before they receive their booster dose.

But even in this situation, the CIQ rather recommends waiting “ideally” three months and “minimum” eight weeks before a 3and vaccine dose.

“A delay of at least eight weeks between infection and cure or the last dose of vaccine would guarantee both safety and optimal antigenic response,” CIQ experts specify in their opinion published Friday.

“There are theoretical risks, but it’s probably harmless,” explains the Dd Boy. It’s just that we give vaccines for free, and if we ever want this dose to be as beneficial as possible, the longer interval between the disease and the vaccine is recommended.

Extend the vaccine passport

Indeed, Public Health supported the expansion of the vaccine passport when the Prime Minister, François Legault, announced it would be extended to big-box stores on January 13.

A notice to that effect, signed by the hand of Dr Boileau was released on Friday the day after he took office, January 12.

Note that the announcement by the Minister of Health, Christian Dubé, of the extension of the passport to SAQ and SQDC branches had been made almost a week before the signing of this notice.

Also see

Leave a Comment